вторник, 1 декабря 2009 г.

A trip to London

Since I was a child, I always wanted to visit one of the most exciting cities - London. And now my dream came true. Last weekend I bought a ticket to the plane and went there. At the moment, I've seen Big Ben - the great bell of the clock at the north of the Palace of Westminster in London and the historic fortress and scheduled monument in central London, on the north bank of the river Thames - the Tower of London. I liked it very much - these places waere amazing ! The tower has very unusual construction, that I've never seen before. Also I visited the Royal Botanic Gardens - botanical glasshouses between Richmond and Kew in southwest London. This place is very interesting - it contains 14,000 trees, there are displayed over 580 species of grasses and there are currently 2,480 different 'accessions' growing in the garden. I have visited Westminster Abbey - a large ghotic church to the west of the Palace of the Westminster. The design of this church is unusual and fantastic ! Also there is a museum in the Westminster Abbey, which include a unique collection of royal and other funeral effigies together with other treasures. But I also want to visit the Palace of Westminster - the seat of the two houses of the Parliament of the United Kingdom - the House of Lords and the House of Commons. I heard, that this place is wonderful - when you go into it, the conditions grasp your spirit and you feel, that you're in that time. And at last, I want to visit St. Margharet's Church - an Anglican church, which is situated in the grounds of Westminster Abbey on Parliament Square, because it'a a World Heritage.

1 комментарий:

  1. Карина поправься,у тебя I liked it very much - these places waere amazing ! ,а надо ... were amazing XDDD

    ОтветитьУдалить